|Room reflected inside a lacquer bowl|
Some people don't like tofu but I think this dish might change their view. It is like eating a savoury custard. And it healthy, cheap and easy to make. What more do you want? Try it.
A package silken tofu (I used the kind in a plastic tube)
Some minced ginger and scallions
A bit of soy sauce
A bit of sesame oil
A bit of sugar
Some cracked pepper
A bit of hot sauce (optional)
Chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seeds
- Put the sauce ingredients "B" in a microwave-safe bowl and mix everything together.
- Cut the plastic tofu package according to the directions and squeeze the tofu out of the tube. Slice it in pieces about an inch thick and put it in a microwave-safe plate. If you are using tofu in a box, use a piece of dental floss to divide the square into thirds, vertically and horizontally.
- Put the plate in the microwave and cook for 20 or 30 seconds, Cooking time varies according to the microwave. The tofu should be hot.
- Put the bowl with the sauce in the microwave and cook for 20 seconds.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu and garnish with chopped cilantro. Sprinkle some sesame seeds too.
- Serve this dish with some hot rice.
|Weekend reflections #75|