|Yang Chow Fried Rice|
The ingredients are:
- cooked rice (room temp is best)
- barbecued pork / 'cha siu' (叉烧) or ham
- green onions, chopped
- 2 or 3 eggs slightly stirred
- Frozen peas - I like to use mixed frozen vegetables as the carrots and corn gives the dish colour
- oil, salt and pepper to taste
It is very easy to make. Just fry some ham and shrimps with the green onions. Set aside. Cook scrambled eggs and set aside.
Add more oil to the pan and fry the rice and the frozen vegetables. Stir fry till everything is hot. Add the eggs, cooked meat and salt and pepper. Toss everything together till it is mixed up. That's it. Enjoy!
Rule of thumb: One cup of cooked rice per serving plus another cup or two for seconds. As for the other ingredients - they should be in equal amounts, say half a cup of each. It just depends on what you like and the amount of ingredients you have on hand..
|ABC Wednesday - Y|